Friday, March 2, 2007

Hmm . . . I could get used to this

This past week I began to work from home. I now get paid to sit at a desk in my bedroom and counsel people over the phone. Initially it was a bit strange, but by the second day I was getting used to it. Hey, I can take a shower on my first break! and other such exciting discoveries have been the theme of recent days.

If there is going to be a problem, it will be in how I choose to spend my free time. By the end of my shift I am more than ready to leave the house, the only problem being that it is the time of the evening when friends/family are already home having wrapped up their day and are getting ready to turn in. I'll have to make some further adjustments, but for now I am basking in the glory of working in my pj's.

4 comments:

Charles said...

I think this is going to require you getting an accountability partner. Before you know it, you'll be ordering food in, running the whirly pop all day, and basically gaining weight. Next you'll think, "Why shower everyday? I can just clean up when I actually leave the house." I'm worried . . . .

J.B. said...

There could certainly be an ugly downside to working from home. It reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons. When Homer began working from home, the weight gain came quickly. Soon he was wearing mu-mu's around the house and drawing comparisons to Dom DeLuise. At one point he tried to dial a phone number but was having difficulty because of the size of his now chubbier fingers. An automated message began, "I'm sorry, the fingers you are using to dial this phone number are too fat . . ." Will you be my accountability partner?

Sarah said...

Technically, Charles and I work/study from home. One day I realized that it was almost a week since I stepped outside. Yikes... accountability is good. But anyway, congrats on working from home!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.