Wednesday, April 16, 2008

You've been Rick-rolled

In our cynical and apathetic world, it is rare when true beauty breaks through the weathered and worn cracks of our banal existence. True beauty brings a welcome shower that quenches our thirst and cleanses us from the dirt on our hands. The world looks different to us in light of this beauty. Instead of walking through life staring at our shoes, we have a new spring in our step. Instead of being bent over under our heavy labor, we are able to stand tall, come what may. The sun seems to be shining that much brighter. The birds are chirping. Even the dirt on which we stand is a miracle!


We live life expecting so much and hoping for so little. Having a glimpse of true beauty changes all that. May we all be changed.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Truly inspiring. I'll never be the same.

J.B. said...

I must admit that I was pretty pleased with myself on this posting. I was expecting several comments in response, but nothing until Katie had pity on me. My favorite clip from the video is when the bartender does a flip over the top of the bar. May we all be changed.

Josh H. said...

this song was junior high for me. sorry for the late post. i am digging into your blog jb...comments will be coming. btw, the twins are better than the mariners.

J.B. said...

Ha! I wish I had a retort for you, but since my team is abysmal . . . crickets.