Saturday, June 28, 2008

Seattle gay-census underway

With yesterday being the beautiful day that it was, I decided to take a walk on my lunch break about six blocks to Irwin's to purchase a delicious iced coffee beverage. On the way there I called my wife to see how her day was going, but was interrupted when a truck that had approached me from behind (no pun intended) stopped a few feet after it had passed me on a fairly busy two-lane road. The driver yelled out to me, "Hey, are you gay?" I was startled but quickly replied, "Yes." The driver then pumped his fist in the air and yelled "Yessssss!" before speeding off. Okay.

So, if you happen to be in Seattle this weekend, be aware that two young males in a black Toyota truck are apparently conducting their own grassroots gay-census.

9 comments:

Charles said...

Oh my. This is priceless.

Unknown said...

that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time!

Paul said...

i'm straight, i'm straight, i'm straight, i'm straight, beer and guns, beer and guns, beer and guns, HIPPIES!

J.B. said...

Since I was on the phone with Olivia at the time of the incident I quickly relayed the story to her. Her co-worker sitting at the desk next to her is gay and the first question he asked was if the truck those guys were in had silouette's of naked women on the mud flaps.

Sarah said...

That is so funny! Of course that would happen to you...

Josh H. said...

was the truck lifted...and did they have a "nofear" or "badboyclub" sticker on it...or did it have a NOTW sticker? ;)

J.B. said...

Ha! No mud flaps or bumper stickers that I remember, just that the driver had a white baseball cap on backwards.

Paul said...

i'm thinking they had a WWJD sticker on it...

btw, amanda and i are suffering in puerto rico, our hardest decision today was,
another beer or go back into the ocean....

tough times, love you guys!

Shannon said...

Hilarious!!!! I love what Liv's co worker had to say!